CABA – Syndicat Mixte du Puy Mary agreement
On May 11, 2022, CABA and the Grand Site de France Puy Mary – Volcan du Cantal signed a 3-year agreement for the maintenance of the trails in the Jordanne Valley.
The agreement covers the routine maintenance and marking of some 240 km of trails of community interest located in the municipalities of Lascelles, Saint-Cirgues-de-Jordanne and Mandailles-Saint-Julien.
In figures :
12 hiking trails, or 130 km
4 mountain bike routes, i.e. 105 km
The current maintenance of the paths includes :
– lateral pruning ;
– pruning at height ;
– clearing of underbrush to ensure that the trails are clear of vegetation on the ground,
– removal of routine trash;
– implementation and maintenance of small structures (footbridges, baffles) allowing pedestrian passage.
In addition, the Grand Site is committed to applying a “quality charter” to all the trails in order to enhance the value of the routes. This includes
– the presence of a departure sign when the itinerary allows it;
– the installation and maintenance of devices allowing easy crossing of fences;
– the marking of the paths in accordance with the standards of the Plan Départemental des Itinéraires de Promenade et de Randonnée and the Fédération Française de Randonnée Pédestre.
Maintenance of the trails of the Grand Site de France Puy Mary – Volcan du Cantal began on May 2.